Sunday, November 16, 2014

My Senior Project: A Work in Progress... (Fashion in Spain)

As some of you may or may not know, I have had to start my Senior Project while in Spain. I am an art major and while some seniors have a "Senior Thesis"... mine is called a Senior Project. What that means is I have to come up with a way to demonstrate what I have learned in my major and display that through whatever artistic medium I feel is best.
I have always been really interested in fashion, and culture. I'm sure you knew the former considering this is a fashion blog.... But anyway, I decided to combine both into my Senior Project. I am going to be creating a Spanish fashion magazine. In order to do this, I have had to take photos of Spaniards here in Salamanca. The magazine is going to be strictly on women around my age. Think of a magazine like InStyle, or Seventeen or something of that sort. That age range will be my demographic. I plan to create segments in my magazine such as a "Get The Look," "What's In My Closet," etc. It's a work in progress and my ideas are constantly changing.

But today I lucked out and was able to plan an actual photoshoot with three Spanish girls for my project. I've gotta say it's a little nerve-wracking having to walk up to strangers and ask them, in Spanish, if I can take their photo for my "proyecto de la moda" (Fashion project). So meeting with girls who already knew my objective and were excited to help me out put my nerves at ease. Also I was able to actually control the types of photos I wanted and it was overall a really fun time.

Here are some sneak peak photos from the shoot!

Raquel


Two random spanish girls I stopped on the street

Sara



Coral



A big thank you to my beautiful models Raquel, Coral, and Sara!


No comments:

Post a Comment