Wednesday, April 15, 2015

!'M $0 H!P$T3R

I was inspired by Ridley's use of instagram as a medium to display his photo experiment and now it's my turn. Social media is arguably the most common source of digital media nowadays and so it only makes sense.

I am going to be drawing on a recently popular phenomenom of picture overlays aka taking two or more pictures and overlapping them to create something so0o0o0o hipster. Disclaimer: I have been a victim of doing this. There are tons of apps that you can download on your mobile device that will do the overlapping for you. You can even go as far as choosing the position of the pictures, the filter, if one picture is more transparent than the other, adding text, etc. I find that most commonly people use pictures of landscapes and overlap them with images of people. Again, guilty. So that is what I am going to do. However, I am going to focus on the "nothingness" in these landscapes. Instead of taking a general plane picture of the landscape, I will focus on individual parts... the in-between. Honing in on seemingly random parts of the overall picture, and overlaying them with selfies by using an app.
I am going to see if I can use this as some sort of social experiment too. So I will go HAM with the hashtags and see how many people dig my super sweet shots.

Let's see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment