Wednesday, March 26, 2014

LOOK FOR LESS: Alexa Chung Pt. 2

I couldn't resist making another post about Alexa Chung. I felt that it wouldn't be doing her justice to just post one of her outfits. Her outfits can be so different! It was only fair to post a more casual outfit as opposed to the formal one from my earlier post.
ANYWAY. If I saw these clothing pieces individually... the black overalls, the chunky knit, the muscle tee... I would not imagine putting them in an outfit together. That's what I love about Alexa's style. She puts outfits together that I would not have thought of myself. I'm not saying that this outfit is outrageous or anything, I just give her credit for her ability to dress outside of the box, if you will.

LOOK FOR LESS: Alexa Chung Pt. 2

Overalls: EBAY
Muscle Tee: F21
Cardigan: TOPSHOP
Clutch: HSN
Booties: H&M

This outfit of hers seems to be a mix of the generations. She's got a grandma knit cardigan, overalls making it more kiddish, and a muscle tee which is a trend more for my generation (those in their 20's). Bravo, Alexa. You pulled it off. I know that the muscle tee isn't the exact one she is wearing, but she is a huge fan of Kurt Cobain so I figured it would be appropriate.
We should all just start buying individual clothing pieces that we find interesting without thinking, 'what can I wear with this?' If you like it -- GET IT. Eventually, you might surprise yourself and wind up with a mix of pieces in order to put together an all-together pretty unique outfit.

TOTAL: $235

1 comment:

  1. I love how all the pieces for this outfit can be used in so many ways for other outfits a well!

    ReplyDelete